Monday, January 21, 2013

Stitchy Squirrel

My step sister has got me hooked on stitching (embroidery) and after a few test designs I thought I could move onto something a little bigger.

I got some new Sublime stitching patterns at a local yarn store the other day and as soon as Miss S saw the squirrel she asked for one. I had no idea what I was going to do with it but when my 5 year old looks at me with those gorgeous brown eyes and says please make me something I just melt!

After I started on the squirrel Miss S asked if the squirrel could be a blanket for her stuffed kitty. Then I had a fabulous idea!!! I'm going to turn it into a mini quilt/wonky log cabin block fit for a stuffed animal. I can practice a new technique and Miss S can have a little quilt for her favourite stuffed animal.

I have the stitching done on the Squirrel, now I just need to figure out the sizing of the block and I can get to work!









1 comment:

  1. The squirrel is so cute! I love embroidery too. I always try to have some embroidery project going.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...