Friday, January 11, 2013

A Christmas Confession

I have a confession - its a big confession......its about a seven foot tall confession..... Yep, you guessed it my Christmas Tree is still up.  Its January 11th and my lovely (thankfully fake) Christmas tree is still poised in its majestic spot taking up 1/4 of my living room!  My kids are crushed since they don't want me to take it down but I think enough is enough and so between this afternoon/tonight/tomorrow the tree will be down where it belongs the other 11 months of the year!  To the depths of the basement it shall go!


Sorry for the dark picture - its an iPhone special.  If you look really hard you can see that only the top 1/2 of the tree has most of the ornaments on it thanks to Mr. C thinking that anything within his reach was fair game for him to play with, chew on or throw across the room.  Hopefully next year we will have a more ornament 'balanced' tree but I think this tree was beyond perfect the way it was decorated. The girls were pretty proud of their handmade ornaments they did and I love seeing all their special ornaments every year.

I'm going to enjoy having a large chunk of my living room back, but I will miss the warm glow a Christmas tree gives to my main floor.

Thanks for stopping by - see you tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Kari, I just took our tree down last Sunday, so don't feel too bad! We also have an artificial tree - well, we actually have 2 full-size trees and one smaller one - and I decorate the entire house so it's not a small proposition to take down all the decorations and trees. I spent several hours getting everything put away and was exhausted the next day. Now you can't even tell that Christmas was here - except for all that snow! Glad to hear it's warming up in a day or two - then we'll have to hope that we don't get any flooding! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...