Sunday, September 11, 2011

I found a new Fabric Store.....and added to my fabric stash!!!

I finally made it out to a quilt store that I have been wanting to hit FOREVER yesterday and it didn't disappoint!  The Quilting Bee is located in Olds Alberta (about an hour and ten minutes north of Calgary) and is a fantastic little quilt shop.

I totally forgot my camera otherwise I would have taken some pictures of all the cute displays that they have set up and all the beautiful quilts that they have on the walls, maybe next time I'll remember it!

I left the girls to play with my Mom at her house in Carstairs and Baby C and I went for a drive to Olds to find the quilt shop (as much as I love my girls, I find fabric shopping less than relaxing when I'm trying to chase a 4 and 2 year old around making sure they don't touch everything!!).

After wondering around the shop for what seemed like forever and picking up and putting down at least 10 different kits that I wanted I finally decided on a pouch pattern kit and a civil war reprint fat quarter bundle.


The pouch pattern has instructions for 4 different types of zippered change purses.  I figured that once I made a few (including the one that came in the kit) I might be able to make them for birthday or Christmas gifts for some of the ladies or the nieces in my family.  Who doesn't love a cute change purse?!?!  ;)


I have always loved bright crazy fabrics but lately I've been admiring Civil War reprint fabrics and fell in love with this 6 pack fat quarter bundle.  Not sure what I'm going to make with it but it will go great with the Kona solid in cream that I got a few months ago!!


I'm hoping to get my sewing area all sorted out in the next few weeks so I can have a permanent place set up for all my sewing stuff.  Hopefully I can get some good before and after pics of what I'm planning on doing with the space!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...