Saturday, September 24, 2011

Birthday Party Goodness!!

September brings many things, the end of Summer, the start of Fall and my oldest daughters birthday!  Miss S turned 4 a week and a bit ago and today we had her family birthday party with my husbands side of the family complete with the Aunties, Uncles, Cousins, Grandparents, Great Grandparents and one set of friends who are practically family!  Its sad when you say you are going to have a 'small' birthday party and it still has 20 people at it!  And 20 people in a 1500 square foot house is nothing to sneeze at!  

I have always purchased a cake either from Safeway and Sobeys since I'm always worried that my cake wont turn out, I run out of time, or I don't trust my decorating skills.  This year I decided to suck it up and bake a cake for Miss S and she was thrilled to help me.  We picked up a butterfly cake pan from Michaels and with a little help from Betty Crocker made a pretty cute cake that tasted pretty good too!  Not too bad for my first decorated cake if I may say so myself!  



Its amazing what a little licorice, Swedish berries and candy hearts can do!!


My fantastic SIL came over early and did the decorations.   Shes super party planner extrodinare and I was so glad to have the help with decorations. I really dropped the ball on this birthday party this year and ran out of time to get it all done.


Miss S had asked for a butterfly cake so we decided to go for a butterfly theme.  My SIL got the butterfly wings at the loonie store and then made the body out of construction paper and the antennae out of pipe cleaners - super cute!!


 There were butterflies over the windows...


Butterflies above the pictures....


And even a butterfly hanging from the roof!  


Miss S had a fantastic time and I'm so glad I'm done birthday parties until July of next year!  On to the Cousins birthday party in a few weeks!

1 comment:

  1. You cake and butterflies are super cute! Looks like Miss S had fun too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...