Wednesday, July 13, 2011

WOW - its been a while.......and I bought some FABRIC!!

Holy cow, I can't believe its been as long as it has since I last posted - sorry everyone.  I had a ladies night at my house a few weeks ago so all my sewing stuff got packed up from my dining room and banished to the basement.  It was actually quite nice to have my dining room back as a dining room but I'm really really really missing my sewing.  I'm in the process of cleaning up and changing the bonus room around so I can have my sewing stuff up there rather than on the main floor.  I've taken some 'before' pictures - hopefully I can get it done in the next few days so I can post my 'after' pictures!!

Onto the fun stuff - I couldn't help myself - I bought some fabric yesterday...... I went into Traditional Pastimes to find a Rag Die for my Accuquilt but managed to come out with three things of fabric (OMG!).   Aren't they just LOVELY!?!?!


The first is a fat eighth pack (I thought it was a fat quarter pack - ah the joys of baby brain and shopping with an almost two year old and an almost four year old!!).  Its by Moda and is the Ruby collection.   I'm not 100% sure what I want to make with this fabric but I'm thinking a cute little lap quilt for someone for Christmas would be wonderful.


The next is a Moda Jelly Roll and the fabric is Full Circle.  I have a super cute 2 for 1 Jelly roll book that I might be able to make two lap quilts out of this roll (along with some accent fabric) that I need to check out.  


Its reds, creams and blacks - super cute!!


Finally I got an amazing fat eighth bundle in Soul Bliss by Amy Butler - I LOVE this fabric.....its soooo happy and so cheerful and so fun!  I was pondering a Jo Morton fat eighth bundle but my four year old kept coming back to the Amy Butler bundle and I started envisioning the skirts, purses, small blanket.....ect that I can make for the girls with this fabric and before I knew it I was at the checkout with the fabric!


With the exception of some simple accent fabric I am SO done buying fabric for the next little bit - unless I find some cute boy fabric since little dude is going to need some cute stuff when he makes his grand entrance in a little over a month.  I have a bunch of blankets that are on the go (including a quilt along I am almost 4 weeks behind on!!!!!)  so I need to get my butt in gear and get moving on finishing those so I can get going on some of this wonderful new fabric....

1 comment:

  1. What fun purchases!!! You are going to be having some fun sewing them up!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...